Just a quick one from us for today. One of the easiest recipes we’ve made so far these vegan peppermint creams contain just four ingredients and you’ll probs already have them in your store cupboard! You can use any mint tea but we used Bird & Blend’s Brighton Rock tea which is a super fresh and minty blend (read to the end of the post for a cheeky discount off your first order of Bird & Blend tea).
Vegan peppermint tea creams
- 2 cups of icing sugar (plus make sure you have some extra on hand)
- 2 tbsps vegan spread melted
- 2 tbsp peppermint tea (we used Bird & Blend’s Brighton Rock tea)
- 100g vegan dark chocolate
- Put the kettle on and brew yourself a lovely strong mint tea. You only need 2 tbsp so you can drink the rest!
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl
- Mix the melted spread and the tea into the icing sugar to form a dough. It’s easy to add too much liquid so add it bit by bit and if the dough is too wet, just add some more icing sugar.
- Knead the icing sugar dough lightly on a surface dusted with icing sugar.
- You can roll out the dough to roughly half a centimetre in thickness and then use a cookie cutter to cut to size, or just break off dough and press flat to your required size.
- Line a baking sheet and leave in a cool dry place to dry out turning over to ensure both sides are dry. We left them for about 4 hours each side but you can leave overnight if easier.
- Once dry and harden, melt the dark chocolate and dip the peppermint dough in the melted chocolate making sure both sides are covered.
- Leave to set in the fridge until the chocolate is set and then enjoy!
We hope you enjoy these minty after dinner treats. Don’t forget you can get 20% off your first Bird & Blend order using code bugteabird54. Shop the full collection at birdandblendtea.com.
Becca & Kate