We just received our Summer Tea Rep Box from Bird & Blend Tea Company (Incase you missed it Bluebird Tea Co have rebranded … read more here). We were so excited by the new spring blends especially Eton Mess and Deckchair Dreaming that we just had to get our ‘bake on’ with them. Deckchair Dreaming is full of summery zesty orange notes, calming chamomile and sweet apple pieces. We could not resist pairing this with chocolate, we love a chocolate orange flavour combo and went for a chocolate orange sundae infused with Deckchair Dreaming. We loved the results of this relatively healthy pudding (dependant on how much chocolate you eat while making it!) and hope you do too!
Deckchair Dreaming Vegan Nicecream Sundaes
- Frozen chopped banana (we used 7 small bananas for this recipe)
- Dairy-free milk (we used almond milk)
- 4 teaspoons cacao powder.
- 6 teaspoons Deckchair Dreaming loose leaf tea
- One square dark chocolate
- One whole orange
- Overnight cold brew your loose leaf tea in 200mls of almond milk (or dairy free milk of choice) at the same time peel and dice your bananas and place in an airtight container in the freezer.
- After the tea has brewed overnight strain the milk so it is free of tealeaves.
- Add the tea infused milk and bananas to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the cacao and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Grate zest of orange and set aside.
- Grate some dark chocolate and set aside.
- Peel and slice orange into segments.
- Choose a couple of glasses to assemble the sundaes in.
- Start by spooning in some sundae and layer with pieces of orange and grated chocolate until the glass is full.
- Garnish with more grated chocolate and a big slice of orange and enjoy!
This is a super simple pudding to prepare for post bbq throughout the summer months, if you want to make it extra special sprinkle some biscuit when you layer it up too!
Bird & Blend’s spring teas are available from Monday 28 of May and you can still use code bugteabird52 for 20% off your first tea purchase.
Kate & Becca