Who doesn’t love a pudding with a bit of a wobble? Especially when it’s dairy free AND packed with antioxidants from the matcha, that makes it practically one of your five a day doesn’t it?! This mermaid matcha panna cotta is a simple to make crowd pleaser, perfect for any dinner party. Turn it out and serve it on a plate in its full glory or in a teacup for an alice in wonderland style pudding!
Vegan Mermaid Matcha Panna Cotta
- 2 Sachets of Vege-Gel
- 500mls Almond Milk
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 4tsp Mermaid Matcha
- Flaked Almond , freeze dried raspberries
- Have your containers set out ready for once your panna cotta mixture is prepared.
- In a bowl stir the vege-gel into 400ml of cold water.
- Whisk the matcha powder into around 30mls of cold water until there are no lumps.
- Add the almond milk and sugar to a saucepan. Stirring constantly, heat the milk and sugar gently until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Stir the Vege-Gel liquid into the saucepan with the milk and bring to boiling point, stirring occasionally.
- When the liquid has reached boiling point remove from the heat and stir in the Matcha until thoroughly mixed.
- Carefully divide the panna cotta mixture into the six containers and leave to cool for 30 minutes.
- Once the panna cotta have started to set they can be placed in the fridge to finish setting (around 1.5 hours) and then until ready to serve.
- To serve; if in a tea cup like our just dress with the flaked almonds and freeze dried raspberries. If in a ramekin dip the bottom of the ramekin in very hot water then invert onto a plate and the panna cotta should slide right out! Then top with the garnish.
You can use any flavour of matcha for this recipe – we particuarly love the vanilla flavour the mermaid matcha brings to the panna cotta and the magical colour! For a totally magical mermaid experience you could always top with sugar sprinkles! If you try out this recipe, let us know what you think and share a snap of your creation with us over on instagram! Our matcha came from the wonderful Bluebird Tea Co. (don’t forget when you order tea, you can get 20% off your first order using code: bugteabird54).
Kate & Becca