Recently Bluebird Tea Co. sent us their Dreamtime tea collection, after a longggggg nap we decided that Dozy Girl would be perfect infused into a sleep balm. This has been Kate’s long time favourite Bluebird Tea Co. tea and one she has always described as an aromatherapy experience so making it into a balm seemed totally appropriate!
This is a really simple recipe with beautiful results, well – we think so anyway! Perfect to keep for yourself or as a thoughtful gift to that insomniac friend (we all have one!)
Dozy Girl Sleep Balm
- 1 tbsp soy wax pellets (or part of an old candle)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tsp Dozy Girl loose leaf tea.
- 1 metal or glass container (we reused an empty matcha tin)
- Ensure your container is clean and ready to be filled.
- Bring a pan of water to a gentle simmer and place a pyrex bowl on top this is so you don’t burn the tea when infusing it).
- Add the coconut oil and soy pellets to the bowl.
- Stir gently until melted.
- Add the tea to the oil and wax mixture.
- Lower the heat and stir gently for approx half an hour while the tea infuses with the oil.
- After half an hour take the tea infused wax and oil mixture off the heat.
- At this point you can strain out the tea if you wish, we left it in because it looks so pretty.
- Carefully pour into your container.
- Leave to cool for approx an hour. Do not touch – it will be very hot!
- Apply before bed or when you need to destress and enjoy some good nights sleep!
If you fancy a more energising balm you could try something like a Yerba Mate. Let us know if you give it a try and don’t forget you can get 20% off your first order with Bluebird Tea Co. using code: bugteabird54.
Kate & Becca