Don’t you find once your bananas pass their perfect ripeness they just sit there uneaten and then eventually thrown out? This is exactly what happens in our houses so recently to save them going to waste we have been using them to make this yummy chai infused banana bread with the added naughtiness of chocolate chips. We used Bluebird Tea Company’s best-selling Spiced Pumpkin Pie tea to add a hit of spice to this cake mix.
Pumpkin Spiced Chocolate and Banana Muffins
- 4 small ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 100g dairy free margarine
- 1 tsp egg replacement powder
- 4 tbsp rice milk
- 5 tsp Spiced Pumpkin Pie loose leaf tea
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 cups dairy free chocolate chips
- Demerera sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin or grease.
- Warm the milk and infuse with tea for 3 minutes.
- Mix egg replacement powder with 2 tbsp slightly warmed water.
- In a bowl combine the mashed bananas, melted margarine,egg replacement, strained tea infused milk (should have 2tbsp milk to put in) and sugar.
- Add the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon mixture into the muffin cases.
- Sprinkle the tops with demerera sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
These delightful little muffins are best enjoyed with a big cup of Spiced Pumpkin Pie latte! The chocolate chips add a certain level of naughtiness to the mix and the demerera adds a lovely crunch, if you prefer your banana bread a little more savoury simply omit these two ingredients. Have you got any naughty extras you like to add to your banana bread?
Remember you can get 20% off your first Bluebird Tea Company tea order using code; bugteabird54. PS we LOVE it when you share you recreations of our recipes on Instagram so remember to tag us in your photos!
Kate & Becca