We are excited to share with you our vegan matcha meringues which we have made with Bluebird Tea Co’s brand new Ice Cream Matcha, this ice cream flavoured matcha has given these meringues an irresistible vanilla-green tea twist that will leave you going back for more…and more! Don’t be put off by the recipe time either, they take less than 30 minutes to get in the oven and the rest of the time you can put your feet up and enjoy a matcha latte while the oven does the hard work for you.
Vegan Icecream Matcha Meringues
Simple and delicious Vegan Matcha Meringues
- 90g egg replacement powder
- 130g caster sugar
- 1.5 tsp citrus pectin
- 250ml ice cold water
- 3tsp ice cream matcha powder (or any flavour matcha powder you fancy)
- * Heat oven to 100 degrees Celsius*
- Prepare three baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Whisk together egg replacement powder, matcha and pectin.
- Whisk together with the water adding a little at a time so it doesn’t go lumpy.
- Whisk on high speed for 10 minutes.
- Slowly add sugar a little at a time, whisking for a further 10 minutes.
- Place in piping bag and pipe to desired size, smaller meringues work best with this mixture.
- Bake for two hours DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR. Once two hours is up turn off the oven leaving the meringues in the oven with the door closed until the oven is cool. 8.Enjoy!
We have been itching to have a go making matcha meringues for AGES and we will be honest – it has take three attempts to get the recipe just right but we finally got there and hope you love these as much as we do. You can get your hands on this exciting new flavoured matcha at Bluebird Tea Company‘s online store from the 13th August (and you can get 20% off your first tea order with them using code; bugteabird54). We highly recommned checking out their other new matcha flavours too – Salted Caramel and Chilli Kale!
We love to see everyone enjoying our recipes – remember to tag us in the photos of your end products on Instagram.
Kate & Becca