With the weather warming up we’ve been drinking plenty of cold-brew tea in our new bottles courtesy of Bluebird Tea Co.. One of our favourite concoctions is One in a Melon tea and lemonade cold brewed together and on one particularly hot day we decided it would make a great sorbet too! Here is our easy to make recipe that doesn’t require an ice cream maker if you don’t have one…
- 2 cups (475ml) boiling water
- 4 teaspoons/4 teabags of ‘One in a Melon‘ tea
- 3/4 cup (150g) sugar
- 3/4 cup (175ml) pure lemon juice (approx 4 lemons) or lemonade if you prefer yours sweeter and less tangy
- 1cup (235ml) pre-prepared One in a Melon tea cold-brewed in lemonade
- Mint sprigs/candied peel/lemon rind to garnish (optional)
- Combine 2 cups boiling water and 3/4 cup of sugar in a large jug and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add four teaspoons of tea to the hot water and sugar mixture and steep for 3 minutes.
- Remove the teabags or strain the loose tea out and cool completely the mixture completely.
- Once the mixture has cooled stir in the lemon juice and cold-brew tea mixture.
We don’t have an ice cream maker so we just poured the tea mixture into a freezer safe Tupperware and left it for an hour before removing the mixture from the Tupperware and running it through our blender/smoothie maker. We then popped it back into the freezer until it has firmed up and we wanted to eat it!
Scoop it into a bowl, add garnish and you’re ready to go!
You won’t get it super smooth without an ice cream maker but it’s still super tasty and refreshing and you can use the recipe to make ice lollies too. Why not try it with one of Bluebird Tea Co’s other summer blends? And remember you can get 20% off your first order of tea using code bugteabird54!
Bugs & Birds