In our Bluebird Tea Co. rep box this month along with the Easter trio of teas we also received a Mix ‘n’ Matcha tube containing five mini Matcha tins to try. Each tin contained 2-3 servings worth of Matcha with flavours including Cacao, Orange, Lemon, Gingernut and many more. This is a great way to try different flavours before committing yourself to a large tin!
Matcha is full of antioxidants it also has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and anti-aging properties and can help detox the body, improve skin structure and hydration while reducing acne and skin aging (you can read more about it’s health benefits here!). So as you can see Matcha is pretty impressive stuff, with all these amazing health benefits we just couldn’t resist incorporating it into a beauTea DIY. On the menu today – super simple Lip Balm and Lip Scrub set, save your tins from your mini Matcha pots – these are the perfect size for reusing as containers for your lip balm and scrub.
Orange Matcha Lip Scrub
Ingredients – Orange Matcha, Coconut Oil, Mini Matcha Tin.
- Melt 3 teaspoons of coconut oil
- Place in a small bowl with 1 teaspoon of Matcha and mix until all the lumps have gone
- Carefully pour into the mini Matcha tin
- Pop in the fridge to set for 30 minutes
- Use as required!
- (Be careful when removing the lid if you keep your lipbalm in your pocket or in a hot car – it may have melted, just let it cool down and it will set again)
Chocolate Mint Matcha Lip Scrub
Ingredients – Cacao Matcha, Sugar, Peppermint Essential Oil, Almond Oil, Mini Matcha Tin.
- Melt 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- Place in a small bowl and mix with 1 teaspoon of Matcha until all the lumps have gone
- Add 4 drops of Almond oil and mix
- Add peppermint essential oil 6-8 drops (or until it reaches your desired strength) and mix.
- Add 1 teaspoon sugar, mix
- Carefully spoon into mini matcha tin
- Pop in the fridge to set for approx 30mins, the scrub wont completely set but will firm up.
- Use as required – the skin on your lips is very delicate so you only need to use a little of this scrub at a time, buff your lips gently with the scrub then gently wipe off to be left with beautifully soft, exfoliated lips!
NB: You can use any flavour Matcha you fancy for these recipes, just follow the instructions but with the different flavour!
We were a little scared that the green lipbalm would turn us into scary green lipped witches but we assure you – the colour does not stain your lips and the orange Matcha is zesty and bright on your lips! The chocolate mint scrub is indulgent but fresh and leaves your lips beautifully exfoliated and soft.
We hope you enjoy this DIY as much as we did, don’t forget to tag us in your pictures on instagram to show us how you got on making them! Remember you can purchase tea from Bluebird Tea Co here and you can get 20% off your first purchase using code bugteabird54.
Bugs & Birds