Continuing with our Ten Days Of Tea Shirt today we have Blueberry & Muffin tea – a rooibos blend with mallow blossoms.
Blueberry & Muffin (£5.49 for 80g)
This rooibos blend sings with biscuity notes and we were surprised that almond wasn’t one of the ingredients. The mallow blossoms offer a delicate sweetness that screams pudding and is fantastic for curbing those cake cravings. This tea works on its own or equally as well with milk.
We love baking with tea – why just drink it when you can eat it too?! We added Tea Shirt’s Blueberry & Muffin blend to some homemade cookies and the rooibos came through beautifully in the mixture and paired nicely with the other flavours in the recipe. See below to recreate your own!
Rooibos, Macadamia and Cranberry Cookies
- Cold brew 2 teaspoons of Blueberry & Muffin tea in three tablespoons of water overnight
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Grease a large baking tray
- Cream together 120g dairy free margarine with 210g caster sugar until light and fluffy
- Add one tsp vanilla paste
- Strain and warm your cold brewed tea
- In another bowl mix 1.5tsp egg replacement powder with the warmed tea until frothy
- Sift 200g self raising flour
- Add the flour, egg and tea mixture, 40g dried cranberries and 40g smashed macadamia nuts to the sugar and butter mixture and combine until a dough forms
- Roll into 8 – 10 balls and space evenly apart on baking tray
- Bake for about 12 minutes
(THIS RECIPE HAS BEEN ADAPTED FROM THE AMAZING MS CUPCAKE COOKIE RECIPE)
See you tomorrow for our next tea instalment and if you try the cookies then let us know what you think of them!
Bugs & Birds